ILikeFish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 25%
1   3   0
Wingo, I love the lights!

What is the color of your bulbs?
Is each Led bulb 3W?
If I wanted something as "bright" as a 250w MH how many Led bulbs would i need?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Wingo, I love the lights!

What is the color of your bulbs?
Is each Led bulb 3W?
If I wanted something as "bright" as a 250w MH how many Led bulbs would i need?

The bulbs in the pic are 12,000K
Each emitter is 30W
Generally, in public we say 2.5 times so a 250WMh is less than a 100W LED.
In real life, my 72W with some(not max yet) optimization by me, is shown to be brighter than a 250Mh, the Solaris on a Zero-edge and getting very close to the 400Mh next to my table in the NJ Swap. I did not check the colors of the 400Mhs as it does not seem like they want to release that info to me. LOL.

In addition to the 12,000K, I am making the first in the world 14,000K and 20,000K Super High Power LEDs as of speaking and hope they will arrive in time for the swap so that I can display them then. Make sure to look for me once I announce I am definitely there.

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
wow...very interesting...hope to see more updates...
how much would something like that run me...
if only you make the fixtures fit standard tanks with a black housing and legs..dusk/dawn effect/moonlights.....and makes me a nice shot of kungfu tea,,,lol..j/k

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
wow...very interesting...hope to see more updates...
how much would something like that run me...
if only you make the fixtures fit standard tanks with a black housing and legs..dusk/dawn effect/moonlights.....and makes me a nice shot of kungfu tea,,,lol..j/k

The standard housing I use is the same T5 silver housing from SUN SUN. They have hardware for hanging. However, next shipment, I will start to ask them for the black version with legs.

I can retro fit everything in your existing fixture like the one I did to the Current fixture.
http://aquaprobuilder.sunsun-usa.com/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=7

Making the dawn/dusk effect is only a couple clicks with the computer which I can include or you can program yourself like Dr. Random did. Of course you have to pay for the extra hardware.

Last edited:

mcnuggget

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the lifespan of these overdriven 72W leds? and do they lose intensity and color spectrum slowly like MH so that i have to replace them even before it des not light up.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
what is the lifespan of these overdriven 72W leds? and do they lose intensity and color spectrum slowly like MH so that i have to replace them even before it des not light up.
l

Depends on what technology is used to over drive a LED, if done properly, it would not shorten the life span. However, the material(resin/plastics) covering it will age like glass or acrylics of a tank. But tis proces is very slow for you to realize.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: