SYNE89

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey ladies gents,

Looking on getting a cam to view my tank and that's compatible with apex
That has pan,zoom and tilt was thinking about the foscam 9826 what you folks are using opinions and suggestions on a cam .

Thanks

Last edited:

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I use the FOSCAM not sure model but it is the HD 720P version.
it is good out of the box but have experienced after firmware upgrade to have issues...
It doesnt render the color correctly all the time. So i can get a clear picture sometimes and other times it looks pixelated or glitchy. Again before the firmware update it was fine.
Truthfuly i find my non HD foscam to work better. I have a few setup in the house.

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
except you cannot pan tilt and zoom with the iphone.
The FOSCAM is not bad, cheap and it does what you need. This screen shot is from my FOSCAM while i am at work.

Attachments

• SHOT.jpg
    SHOT.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 280

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Like stated above. I only use the iPhone camera when I'm away. No need to tilt pan zoom. All I need to see is my fish swimming and my carpet and rbta in place. Pic of live video kinda sucks but it's actually clear.

If you plan on using on a regular basis then maybe a foscam or similar would be better

Here's pic of my iPhone 4 I found in my junk draw on Apex fusion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Again the FOSCAM is not the best, but it is cheap, easy to setup/use.
if it works great out of the box never update it. Also the first sign of it acting up, contact support for an exchange.
if you buy through amazon its usually easy to exchange/return.

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Apex no...
Mounting it is easy, it comes with an adjustable bracket. some screws on wall and it slides on.
You need to hardwire it first to the PC to program it. Once you enter the wifi settings of your home and save it you can mount it without the hard wire (internet)

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
@zo6-herc-thank you for the info. Mounting I have figured out now thanks to you. Now I need to research hooking up to apex
Hopefully jcs11236 or oh207 will see this and chime in on hooking up via apex

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: