• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Got these two fish this week basically sold to me as unknowns. Any help with ID? I know theyre young females so its hard to tell if even possible. Included 2 pics of each.

Thanks in advance. :)

p2135296860-4.jpg

p1963639791-4.jpg

p2008824323-4.jpg

p2023004731-4.jpg

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Paid $20 and $35 for them. The first it was thought to either be a pylei or pink margin but we both agreed it's uncertain. The second was sold as a red velvet but I'm almost certain it isn't that. Either rose band or earls. Hopefully they turn out cool looking.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I had my ID's verified by Lemon TYK who is a taxonomic expert. He also said that it is not uncommon for juvenile Earl's to get mixed in shipments as unknowns. That is a crazy super steal of a deal. Typically a $500+ fish. Congrats. It will take awhile, but the Pyle's will turn male, and when it does it has the potential to get nasty ( for a fairy wrasse).

Congrats. You hit the piscine lottery!

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had my ID's verified by Lemon TYK who is a taxonomic expert. He also said that it is not uncommon for juvenile Earl's to get mixed in shipments as unknowns. That is a crazy super steal of a deal. Typically a $500+ fish. Congrats. It will take awhile, but the Pyle's will turn male, and when it does it has the potential to get nasty ( for a fairy wrasse).

Congrats. You hit the piscine lottery!

Much appreciated on this ID!!! Thanks for your effort. I probably need to get another tank setup for my collection or find another home for the predators in my big tank. My Pinktail and indian ocean triggers pick off fairy wrasses :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: