b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Looking for some suggestions on pretty, reef safe wrasses. Preferably ones of the larger sizes. And the least expensive. Let's say $50 or less. I love the Scott's fairy I think it's called. But I know there has to be nicer or just as nice ones out there for around the same price or even cheaper. Looking at live aquaria the one from vantanu is awesome. They just don't come available too often. Let's hear your suggestions

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanurus wrasse is my favorite fish. He ate every snail smaller than 1/2 inch in my tank but doesn't bother anything else. Excellent pest control and about 40 - 60 bucks depending on size. He would probably eat a clam too. I don't have any of those to tell you for sure though.

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
be carefull with them they can make a mess out of your sand bed all my mushrooms disappeared buried in the sand, they move rocks were they want and keep on rearranging things especially dragon wrasses and if you have small snails kiss them goodbye

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the small snails. I also haven't seen a bristle worm or amphipod once ever since he went in there. He doesn't bother any of the larger snails though. He ignores my fighting conch and Mexican turbo's

Jhoehlein

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yes leopard wrasse are really nice but aren't they difficult to keep

Find one in an LFS that's already eating. The hardest thing for them is shipping stress / acclimation... If you can get one you know is already eating well you're golden. The only other thing with them is they sleep in the sand, so at least 2-3" sandbed is a must.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: