cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Am I correct to assume that my Six Line Wrasse would make a meal out of Berghia nudibranchs if I put them in my tank - and even if he didn't, that they would starve after ridding the tank of aiptasia?

The other anti-aiptaisia option I'm considering is a Bristle Tail Filefish. However, I've read that they snack on lots of other things besides aiptaisia (like zoas and shrimp) and they are one of those fish that are not ideal inhabitants long term. I don't have a plague of aiptasia, have had no luck with peppermint shrimp and am getting tired of applying Aiptaisa-X. So, given my situation should I go with the nudibranchs or the filefish?

knutez24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
most likely the 6 line will eat them. I had a couple last a few months in my tank with some wrasses, but they are gone now. I also tried a bristletail filefish. It went through my tank very quickly, but as soon as the aptasia was gone he treated all my zoas like an all you can eat buffet. I relocated him to my sump then brought back up when i saw some more. Then eventually donated the filefish to another reefer who needed him. Did the same in his tank...after aptasia gone ate zoas.

For frags and rocks easily removed i have a 10 gallon tank that i keep the berhias in now. It helps to be able to remove the aptasia and also not starve them. Also gives them a chance to reproduce without predators. Then can try to sneak some into your DT.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: