• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tangy84

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
unless you're looking to qt your current setup and you already have a lot of fish then that's a good idea, otherwise the qt will be pointless because you have to buy one or two fish at a time and qt them based on their needs. 120 seems to be too big for a qt/hospital. If you want to use the stand and it's covered on top then just place any size tank on it, if not then just get some plywood and close it. JMO

SPotter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
unless you're looking to qt your current setup and you already have a lot of fish then that's a good idea, otherwise the qt will be pointless because you have to buy one or two fish at a time and qt them based on their needs. 120 seems to be too big for a qt/hospital. If you want to use the stand and it's covered on top then just place any size tank on it, if not then just get some plywood and close it. JMO

yeah im looking to qt my entire setup and I have a few decent sized fish. My other thought is this.....my rocks are leaching po4 and i have been thinking about taking them out gradually to dip in acid, reseed and put back in the tank. most of my corals are gone and whats left could go into a 40b i can set up. I could almost all of the tock leaving a few for hiding, add some pvc fitting for more hiding and then treat the display as a hospital tank. this gives me time to work on my rocks and treat my fish. I know this sounds extreme but just trying to think of all the possibilities.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: