Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Let me start by saying that i have seen alot of Acro's in this hobby, but one of the nice's acro's i've ever seen was the WWC Blueberry Acro..
I have never seen this coral in anyones tank ever other then at WWC in Florida.. I had purchased a frag of this acro and have noticed that not too many people have been able to keep it alive. Everyone i know that bought this coral has watch it die sooner or later ( mostly sooner ) . For some reason it is very delicate to keep. On the other hand in my tank it was thriving and was becoming a incredible beautiful colony in my tank.. Then i had my disaster where all my acros except 2 died (Red Planet and a Stag) . To my surprise almost a year later i see this coral coming back from it's dead colony at the base. I was so surprised. Now it's becoming a colony and the color looks incredible. I do not want to take a picture just yet, but i'm so happy my favorite Sps is making a come back.. Here is a picture that was taken by Chris (143 Gadgets) at WWC so you can see what the coral looks like..
Enjoy.

LIV_3203web.jpg

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
That really is a beautiful piece. Good luck with it.

Thanks, I'm hoping i can color it up as nice as they did.

nycpassat mine didn't make it dave

good luck with yours

Don't worry willie. if mine continues to grow i got you

ZANYMASTER What's your secret Dace?

Keeping a Sps tank requires lots of patients and a good husbandry.
I think i've been pretty good at both. Additives are key as well.

Zeovit products have done it for me even though i don't use the rock's and reactor.

CheckSix187 Congrats Dave! Let me know when its ready for public admission I'd love to stop by again and see i

Most sundays are good for me.

Thanks Treef and Bryceandmandy

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I think that acro love you, haha.. :) Yeah, its just amazing how you thought a sps is going to die but a couple of skin with polyps started to show up and growing back out. I had one sps that i thought was a gonna and then it slowly started to encrust and shooting out little nub. Its like getting a free coral..

That color combination look very similar to a Reef Ready Grape Juice/Rasberry Lemonade? Do you have those Dave?

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I think that acro love you, haha.. :) Yeah, its just amazing how you thought a sps is going to die but a couple of skin with polyps started to show up and growing back out. I had one sps that i thought was a gonna and then it slowly started to encrust and shooting out little nub. Its like getting a free coral..

That color combination look very similar to a Reef Ready Grape Juice/Rasberry Lemonade? Do you have those Dave?
No. dont have those, is it booth the same corals with different names.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: