Anders

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthid ID, please!

I unknowingly bought these under the name of Rastas from a seller in Westchester (since I'm not out to openly disparage anyone, I won't mention a name unless through PM) and as a beginner restarting, I thought they did have a resemblance to them under the sellers lighting.
In my tank and comparing to pictures, I didn't think they looked like Rastas at all. They seem to be missing the orange/yellow ring. The seller then told me to "let them color up." On further thought, I also realized the new growth on the sides should probably look different in that case.

I've already posted on a different forum which confirmed my thoughts, but decided to just confirm on here since the seller keeps arguing with me. A day later he then offered to let me swap for a specific other zoanthid colony which he had excess of and refuses a refund. Needless to say, I'm pretty fed up with this whole ordeal.

I would appreciate your thoughts!

Attachments

• 2020-01-25 04.31.59 2.jpg
    2020-01-25 04.31.59 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I feel your pain and by all means this hobby gets rough.besides trying to deal with parameter issues or crashed tanks or on a positive side having too much growth and some corals taking over..etc..etc. it's the other side and I know alot of people on here can definitely relate....buying corals from other members and not actually getting what you think your getting.we all been there one time or another.i know I have plenty of times and i been in this hobby for a very long time.anyways if you ever find yourself in queens let me know i can give you some rastas,and probably some other zoas or corals I have.dont be discouraged by the bad deal your dealt with there are alot of great knowledgeable people on here..its just weeding thru the bad algae on here to find them

Attachments

• 20200125_200722-01.jpeg
    20200125_200722-01.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 63

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: