Burton182

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 4 days one colony of zoas has turned inside out. They have been like that since. Today I noticed another colony same type and right next to the original colony had started to do the same thing. They are both eye of rah.
I haven't added anything new to the tank for two months. They were doing great up until recently. growing and colors were great.
Everything else seems to be fine.
I have like 200-250 different zoas/palys in the tank and all others seem to be fine but it looks to be spreading.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 464

Burton182

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55gallon tank
2 Radion xr30w gen 3
2mp10s
Dose b-ionic 2 part
Will check levels tomorrow. I did a water change yesterday when I noticed.
Salt is Red Sea coral pro
Fish: Midas blend, pair of clowns, algae Benny, pair of cardinals and yellow tang

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Do the fish look healthy

I had this happen to me to on 3 different colonies 300+ polyps each colony they were all in different locations in the tank all purchased at the same time and same dealer all happened a week apart about 15 polyps survived on each rock
These are the issues i had , high nitrates, coral beuty though i never saw him pick at them still a possibility and i saw a sponge like growth white yellow and black all separate it was only the zoas that were affected i had hammers frogspawn ricordias sponge sea whips acans and more that were all fine i think the rocks had some bad bacteria on them
And from the info you gave me im thinking its the rock as well i would recommend removing the polyps from the rock and placing them on a new one i would also leave them in some iodine with water 99-1% for 5-10 minutes then placing them back into your display

If anyone else has an opinion on this let me know because im still verry curious the exact reason this happened

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: