Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I have a post about it. They are mostly and almost all Los. I would say most expensive coral they had was a scoly for $300. Fish prices were good too. I'm heading back tomorrow to buy some corals and ill look more in detail
Old 08-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Send a Private Message
Don't have any Rob ill ask if I can take some tommorrow and ill post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
Oh great I am moving to Rockland county in a few weeks and I have a local place to visit :-).
Old 08-02-2013, 06:56 PM
The All Powerful OZ
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason: Moderator badge 
Reefer Ratings: (52 (98%)
Friends: (43)
Send a Private Message
I just spoke with my friend and this is the place where he go the tanks from. They were just opening up at the time and he gave him a really good price. One day I'll take a drive there, as it's not that far from Pet Palace II.

Also Beitals moved to a new much bigger locations, basically right around the corner on 304. Much bigger store with a lot of tanks and hopefully healthier fish. I'm not sure if they're full stock yet, as when I was in there a couple of weeks ago they were still putting together a section of the tanks and didn't have a lot of livestock, but they were going to getting in some big delivers.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Last edited by marrone; 08-02-2013 at 07:00 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Send a Private Message
I refuse to buy from pet's place, there is aptasia in most of their coral tanks, dead fish in tanks, and prices are rediculous ($51 for a bangai cardinal). Beitals is gods for big fish not corals or small fish.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 PM
The All Powerful OZ
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason: Moderator badge 
Reefer Ratings: (52 (98%)
Friends: (43)
Send a Private Message
Pet Palace II isn't the place to get corals, they basically have the ordinary stuff but they do get in some very interesting and rare fish, but they're not cheap. The Owner is a real nice guy, as is his brother. Good to talk to and he's not afraid to bring in rare and expensive fish, though you definitely need to QT them big time.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Saltwater since 1973
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (53 (100%)
Friends: (84)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefmcfuz View Post
An FYI. If you are from the area. The Zoo, lfs in Peekskill is moving to a new location.
What's their new 10-20, Chief?

Jan. 2011 Manhattan Reefs TOTM
800g upgrade-NOW with CORALS and FISH in the TANK!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Reefer Ratings: (27 (100%)
Send a Private Message
It will still be on Washington Street in peekskill. I will have an exact address hopefully next week when I talk to the owner. Smaller location but much nicer and much cleaner. Landlord will be taking care of the building.

www.modeltrainforum.com
Old 08-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Send a Private Message
Went in today to get some zoos, forgot to take pics. If your in the area, definitely check it out. If any one goes and has some zoos to sell lmk I can meet you there too.