nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
looking for a handy guy . bmw 2008 i328 passenger side hood latch got stuck, dead at battery too, car cant even run . at coney island , i have tried sticking a metal chopstick to click latch but no hope.

nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oh reefo manty i was looking for a video of how to do it on the trunk, but not quite sure , theres some red box and fuses covering it , and many suggest that it has a chance to be a fire hazard or a danger hazard . Have you done it before?

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
I drive bimmers (only bimmers) since I was kid, I did it many times in 3 series and 5 series with no issue. Jump the battery directly and leave it connected to the idling car battery for about 10 minutes then start the engine if the battery in your car is completely drained down. If there?s still a little bit of juice you can wait less... maybe 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
reefoman is there a way to tell if theres enough coolant inside the car ? too without access to the hood, the brain of the bmw is a bit wacky too, theres white smoke and burnt smell coming out of it (the windhsield hood area), even if i charge the battery from the trunk, im still unassure of driving it to the mechanic , scared to overheat it

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Unfortunately there?s no other way to check the coolant level... the white smoke coming from under the hood or from the exhaust?
How far away is your mechanic shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
12 blocks? You?re good to drive even without coolant in that low temperatures
You car has electric water pump installed on the bottom of the engine so it will use coolant to the last drop... you?ll see your temperature on the gauge and if it will be too high system gonna tell you to immediately turn off the engine. There?s few options for white smoke coming from under hood... can be coolant hose crack, expansion tank crack, radiator fail or connection, to small ratio coolant/water could do damage...
Wish you?re closer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ah man im not that good in cars ! anyways ! , a buddy of mines are coming over to try to help me out heh , if you have any interest in coming over and showing me some ropes, i would be greatful ! but if anything i can just give you a call if i really do have any concerns.! the car smokes in at 5 or 8 mins of idle ( the idea of white smoke just scares me , i would not want to risk some kind of engine damage for a tow of 65 dollers to the local mechanic ! ( and as the talk before , (battery) without disconncection is hooked (circuited) up in my car,( eletonics ) or to run the cars stuff,) and having another car jumping my car without anything disconnected, besides maybe the red box or fuse box on top of my battery removed) ( reason of disconnecting it is worries that it might block the clamps to jump the car ) im not sure if it blocks the clamps , so according the just removnig the red fuse box to jump the car , its okay perfectly fine ?
i read forums that i might get a code pop up or issues i328 2008

- earnest. im a mess typing. clearly drinking much love for your input so far.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: