jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My mother in law thought she was doing me a favor by trying to use CLR to scrape the Coraline buildup in my tank from the previous owner. The Coraline did bother me but after a few scrapings with vinegar I decided to leave it alone and deal with it.

I am wondering if my tank is at this point fried after the use of the CLR. Here is a link to the MSDS on the CLR. I am hoping for the best......

http://mfc.engr.arizona.edu/safety/MSDS%20FOLDER/CLR_Cleaner.pdf

Thank you in advance,

Joe

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it this is a MT tank. If so not an issue, just rinse it well in Vinegar and then with water. Better yet, wash the walls with water and go to a hardware store and get some Muratic acid and dilute to 10 %. Fill a spray with that 10 % and wash the walls down and rinse well with water after you are done.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
im guessing there was nothing in the tank when she used it, if it was dry all you have to do is rinse it pretty well. i clean all my pumps, skimmer and frag rack from time to time with clr and all i do is rinse it

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I should have given an update. I gave the tank a vinegar bath and a lot of the Coraline washed away which certainly put a smile on my face. I rinsed the tank out quite a few times and let it air dry. EintheC and I this past Sunday got the tank up and running and things are going good so far and I wanted to get the water testing done last night but I passed out due to a nasty super cold that I cannot seem to shake. I will get the testing done tonight though, one way or another. Thank you very much for the help.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: