NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok this isnt the best pic and i will post more when i clean them. read an article on rc how to mod the 6025's. so i did both mods and i am very impressed. this doesnt void the warranty either, you just have to buy a new front cover for them. step one. remove front cover. on top inside on cover you will notice a lip that sticks out. this baffles the amount of water intake. you cut this back as much as possible. i used a dremel made it easy. i would say i close to doubled water flow doing this. second mod you can cut nozzle back which widen's water flow pattern. you can kinda see inside mine to see what i did and the other notice the differance in lenght on nozzle. top pic has had both mods done, bottom just inside mod done.

Attachments

• Picture 539.jpg
    Picture 539.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 525
  • Picture 540.jpg
    Picture 540.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 520

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah its odd. For the amount of flow your outputting your still not getting the backdraft of flow from these little guys like you do the Tuzies. Did the mod and flow increased ALOT. Didn't know that cutting back the nozzle gives a wider flow. Gotto try that soon.

IMO the nano's would be well worth the money if someone could figure out how to get that backdraft flow from the intake. I've had particles float by within an inch of the powerhead and wasn't sucked in yet the jet looks like its blowing so much water.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0

cutting the nozzle back really seams like it kept it at the 600gph, but the width of the flow is awesome. seams to spread out almost 12" 3 inch's out from output. i use this one more to push flow across bottom of tank. the mod basically turns it into a beefed up 6045 for almost half the cost

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0

the tube that the water flows out of, if you notice the length differance in the 2 powerheads. take the screen off and cut it back. i had to trim the end to get strainer to fit back over it

=JonBlazes

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just baught a 6045 i heard about doing this before. not sure if i overread something, but will cutting the nozzle shorter and widening the jet, shorten the length that the tunze pushes?

=JonBlazes

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: