debbythefowler

bona-fide REEF NUT
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Hey folks,

I just finished an up-grade from a 220 'standard' tank to a custom made (Coast to Coast), professionally installed (NYAquariumservice.net) 180. I need a bit of help please.

Since i am old/old school, I run 2xMag 7s as return pumps from the sump. I've always had issues with heat and I run a chiller (which is 14 years old and still going strong)

I've been told that Sicce pumps generate much less heat than these old mags. Does anyone have any actual scientific tests to back this claim up? I'm also wondering if I upgrade the chiller from the current one, will that help? My sump holds 40 gallons, So I've effectively reduced my total water by 18%, plus I've increased my surface area (72" x 30" vs 72" x24")

any real scientific information?? I know many of you guys are pretty nerdy....

debby

Attachments

• new tank 1.jpg
    new tank 1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 204

debbythefowler

bona-fide REEF NUT
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ed, I didn't ask the install service to recommend anything. I had them break down and remove the existing tank, install and repopulate the new one.
Interestingly, years ago I had my tank running on external pumps. When I switched to submersible pumps, I had to put a heater on the tank for the first time. All that said, these were/are old pumps.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I dont have any scientific facts - but I do have experience. I am using the Sicce in my 95 wave. Plenty of power and extremely quiet. I use one on the reactors and one as a return pump. I would buy them again. On my larger system I use external Reeflo's. Gold Hybrid - run cold and pretty quiet for an external pump.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: