jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
My new sump arrived today, pretty nice work by this new guy I found. Almost ready to start my new tank thread, coming within the next 2 weeks. Also the sump was 100.00 bucks brand new, built to my specs.

Attachments

• sump 001.jpg
    sump 001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 301
  • sump 002.jpg
    sump 002.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 302

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I do not wanna post the store info due to the fact i'm not a vendor or what ever the rules are. Or something along those lines, not my store anyways. But a great sump and I know he has around 30-40 sumps and tanks he built just recently.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I spoke to the owner yesterday and he said if 7 or more people buy sumps/tanks he will ship all of them to one location for 140 bucks total. Which would be 20 bucks per person instead of 45

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
The build looks nice. Clean lines.

Have you filled it yet? The single baffle on the left in the pix appears higher than the triple baffle. That is not good. I'm guessing your water level in the chamber all the way on the right is as high as the single baffle on the left. That probably throws off the water level for your skimmer (if it goes in the chamber on the right, which I suspect it does).

The height of the single left baffle should be the same height as the inside baffle of the triple baffle configuration.

Hope this was clear.
Russ

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The build looks nice. Clean lines.

Have you filled it yet? The single baffle on the left in the pix appears higher than the triple baffle. That is not good. I'm guessing your water level in the chamber all the way on the right is as high as the single baffle on the left. That probably throws off the water level for your skimmer (if it goes in the chamber on the right, which I suspect it does).

The height of the single left baffle should be the same height as the inside baffle of the triple baffle configuration.

Hope this was clear.
Russ
THe skimmer goes in the section all the way to the left. The baffles is 9"s in height, I have an Octopus skimmer which is best suited for 8"-9"s of water. I have filled it and there are no leaks. The section all the way to the right is the return section. I took the basic design from a well known Brand that you do find in the LFS from time to time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: