Status
Not open for further replies.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
yeah if you look at the units that with shipping and there the same . Look at this pic this is from acan web site on the side it says eco lighting on it and this it acanlighting website.

Attachments

• acan-lighting 2.gif
    acan-lighting 2.gif
    147.3 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
The fact that James offers local warranty is already a farcry different product than Ecolamps. Sure, they may be manufactured off the same assembly line, but reading (perhaps investigative work should've as well) their FAQ, their warranty processing location is in Commack, NY.

You know your NAC7 might've arrived in the same boat? :scratchch

And heaven help us, the highly sought after iPad 2 is also manufactured in China :eek:

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Maybe it is the same product but it is a well made product. I'm not sure where people come with the idea that just because it is not manufactured in the USA then it is cheap. The warranty and service that James provide is like no other. We actually use many fixtures on our clients tanks and they work really well. Just from experience. Don't hate it unless you tried it lolz.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Really did you look in to what type of led are used what ballest are they using look is deceiving its the parts thay use all of you should now with alot of theys chinese leds that been out . Yeah it look well made on the out side but how long it is going to last.

Last edited:

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
so where are your leds made from? Where is all of your tank equipment made from? Why do you keep referring to "chinese"? If you dont like the product then dont buy it... but you shouldn't come on here and bash this company if you dont even have any knowledge of their product..

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Just FYI, James told me directly that the whites are Cree XPG's (which is very good and what I used on my DIY). I can't quote which make or model because I don't remember, but its the ones which were used on vendors tanks in the Fall 2010 Swap.

It seems any negative comment is based on speculation, without any proof, so unless any proof arises, I have no reason to continue commenting.
(Being made from a chinese based land is NOT a negative thing, sorry but I'm proud of my heritage :))

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
As long as the quality is top notch who cares, obviously Im sure we'd all like to buy made in USA products but Sometimes we are happy with what we buy regardless of where it's made!

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: