RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Rookie this isnt meant for you personally but what is everyones obessions with misbarred clowns.

They are easier to rear and since the reason for misbars is usually overfeeding and high nutrients during metamorphasis. Its more time consuming and expensive to get full barred perfect clowns.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I blame ORA for selling their oddball fish to the public at a markup. They are a great company but the fad clowns can pretty much be blamed on them. It isn't all bad some are definitely cool and required some pretty specific breeding but regular misbars aren't that big of a deal. Now if the lightning maroons could be "designerified" (just made that up) they might yield some crazy looking fish.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I saw the same fish in A.F but the one i saw it was all red without no white strips around it. It also did have the same features as a maroon clownfish but the body was shaped in to a percula. The funny thing about it was they didnt have no name for it nor price on it too.

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Rookie this isnt meant for you personally but what is everyones obessions with misbarred clowns.

They are easier to rear and since the reason for misbars is usually overfeeding and high nutrients during metamorphasis. Its more time consuming and expensive to get full barred perfect clowns.

Generally I do not like misbars. These are not what I would consider misbars.
These are cool as hell!!! How could you not like these? Seriously, please answer why you do not like them. Also, just bc something is more expensive, it does not automatically make it better.

Last edited:

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I don't know man. I have over 400 clownfish in my grow out tanks and they had been always overfeeding since they are hatched, but I only have handful of misbars. All the rest are completely full barred perfect clowns. Whenever people come to pick up fish, they want to pick the misbars. It's not easy or hard to rear. It supply and demand. Even I WANT to get more misbar, it just doesn't happen even if I want to.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I think one of the draws for misbars or oddly patterned clowns is the uniqueness. Odds are that nobody else will have a clown that looks exactly like it and for some that's more desirable than a perfectly striped clown that you see all the time. For me it's on a fish by fish basis, I'm not a fan of all misbars.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: