What kind of Salt do you use?

• Total voters

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Since I am starting up a tank from scratch I figured I would see what everyone else is using out there as far as salt?

I am currently using IO Reef Crystals for my 28g, but I am not against changing. ESV seems pretty popular, but expensive...

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I started on IO salts but over the years they have had the most large inconsistencies of any other company I know of. I wouldn't use them unless my regular choices were wiped from the earth.

I like a few salts that I have personally used. Seachem was great but didn't mix easily. The corals and fish looked amazing and grew very well. ESV mixes incredibly easily and accurately. Tropic Marin is also a very clean mixing salt and the levels are good too. I haven't used H2O Ocean but I hear great things about it from a lot of people.

Some are more expensive than others but with the salt playing such a huge role in the tank I don't think cutting costs here ever really saved anyone any money.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
with the salt playing such a huge role in the tank I don't think cutting costs here ever really saved anyone any money.

+1

I am always amazed at people shelling out thousands of dollars in corals cheaping out on the basic and important things, redundancy, salt, proper kits... it is unreal.

OP, you didn't include ESV in your poll.

Last edited:

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
+1

I am always amazed at people shelling out thousands of dollars in corals cheaping out on the basic and important things, redundancy, salt, proper kits... it is unreal.

OP, you didn't include ESV in your poll.

DAMN!! I messed that up. It is on my list that I worked off of! How did i mess that up!!!!! Can't edit it!! Can a MOD fix it for me and take out the last one and put in ESV???

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
+1 instant ocean....

But from what I read in a few diff places is that to supplement what the product lacks you would mix it with reef crystals or another product with higher concentration of those missing elements....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: