PHILYD1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Anyone using kent carbon should stop now!! I added it to my tank last night and this morning all my sps are bleached out....I called KENT and they said they are aware of the problem.. I also found a few other people on other site having same problem, KENT says they are going to make good on it but still another problem that could have been avoided..

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I saw another thread where someone had a problem with it. That stuff is garbage. Sorry u had to find out the hard way. Bulk reef supply carbon is the way to go. Same with there gfo. Kent should be ashamed for putting that stuff out

CristianD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think I started the thread ur talking about. Yea I had half my corals bleach. Lost 2 frags and a cleaner shrimp. Can't believe how bad this stuff is. My corals are starting to get some color back and polyp extension. Hate the fact that I had to find out this way about a product.

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Was just at Tropical Island tonight, Mike lost a lot of coral but not everything. Pretty much all his corals are looking pissed off and some are bleaching, they have spoke with kent and are sending them samples of the carbon.

CristianD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I will never buy a kent marine product again. We are involved in a hobbie where the margin for mistake is minimal. A product should never behave like this. I understand that mistakes will happen, and that's fine, but when u buy a product and use it following its indented use and it harms ur tank. That is unacceptable. We invest too much time in this (very rewarding) hobbie to deal with problems like this.

I apolagize for being so blunt but I can't imagine anybody else not being mad buying a product and instead of doin it's advertised job it kills ur corals. "activated carbon removes toxics AND your corals" NO thanks!

PHILYD1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
They said they are going to work with me so lets see what that means, but some of my stuff i cant just walk into a store and by, its pieces that i have collected from other members and stores all over the east coast, i just bought a frag from wet thumb that was $200 for 1 inch i dont think kent is gonna wanna hear that!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: