allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Model?

I have been looking at them as well since getting the scoop on them from Noob, but see that Marine Depot lists them as discontinued? Are they discontinuing the model or is it just MD is no longer carrying them? Since they are back-ordered at a lot of sites, wondering if maybe there is a new model about to be launched? Also curious where you ended up ordering from.

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I hear ya. The vertex is sweet and i almost got the 250, but for what a replacement pump costs , it drove me away. I went with the atb 1050a on my 225. Thing is a beast. The vertex does have the screw on lid, and maybe a slightly better construction. Also , u can get an avast swabbie for it.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
...give it a good vinager bath and leave it wide open for a few days....when I got mine I did the bath and set it. The first few days it was really producing nicely, but the last few days it's been overflowing even at full open....I've read they need a break in period.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Get familiar with disassembling the Red Dragon pump that comes with the Alpha Cones. The suspension bearing is a little tricky to put back in. There should be .PDF instructions on Vertex's website. I actually built my own set of tools to work the suspension bearing if you're interested, I'll take pictures. G'luck and you're getting a beast of a skimmer!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: