• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

xxnonamexx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the faucet I am going to use is in my laundry room and it's just a straight pipe faucet no threads. I understand what you mean by unscrewing the faucet head. Also what is a a saddle valve underneath your sink. Also does the 75GPD make water faster? I don't understand how the 75 is more efficient.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
You can connect the unit under the sink by using a T-pipe or pierce the water line and use a Saddle.
ro_kit3.jpg
image039.jpg

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
xxnonamexx said:
So that looks like my best bet, Looks like the aquascape 6 stage is the way i'm going thanks for all of your help. I think I will go with the 100GPD to see what happens

AquaSAFE not Aquascape (just don't want you to be searching endlessly)

100 gpd will work just great. Same one I've got.

Good luck

swimmer

xxnonamexx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I purchased and recieved the Aqua-Safe system. I notice there is no warranty on it and that it lasts for 5 years and that after 5 years they say replace entire unit. Is this true for all RO/DI systems? Thanks

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
The canisters won't go bad. The filters just need to be replaced. I don't see any reason to have to replace the entire unit. When I bought mine, the DI resin was in a sealed container. It couldn't be refilled. I believe they've made adjustments to that and it's now refillable. If that's the case, I don't see a need to buy a new one after 5 yrs.

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
xxnonamexx said:
I agree thanks, Do they have a warranty for this product? I don't see any. Also where does the RO membrane go? I also don't understand what they mean by placing the DI unit upright?

Sorry, I don't remember about a warranty with mine. Yours could very well be diferent anyway.

The DI unit contains loose resin beads. If you have it installed horizontal, and the chamber isn't packed or completely full, the water will find the path of least resistance. This path is most likely going to be the thin channel created by the void where there is no DI resin, effectively bypassing the resin if not entirely, at least partially along the length of the canister.

If you have the canister hanging vertical, the resin will sit at the bottom end of the canister and all water will have to pass through it.

I hope this wasn't too confusing.

swimmer

xxnonamexx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the RO membrane installed they weren't clear with the instructions but I figured it out. I packed the DI unit I even have left over resin. I have it mounted horizontal like the photo shows. I have to figure out where I am going to mount it. They gave me all 3 mounts most likely laundry sink or garden hose. We'll see.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: