Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Just looking to get some people's opinions on a stocking list or if they have any suggestions or additions it'd be appreciated. These are not in any specific order. I am looking for a lot of open swimmers and a lot of personality. I love the look of the anthias and tangs!

This is my first fowlr so anything I'm missing? I plan on running a good skimmer, 75g sump, w/ 2 Koralia PH for 6000 gph + 1800 gph return pump, and around 150 lbs of rock.

1. Sustainable Aquatics Black Ice Clown Pair (already have, 2.5")
2. Flame Angel (already have, 2")
3. Hippo Tang (already have, 1.5")
4. Kole Yellow Eye Tang (already have, 3")
5. Pink Spot Goby (already have, 3")
6. Single Blue Chromis (had 3, down to 1 that is 2")
7. Black Cap Basslet (already have, 3", might get rid of it)
8. 5 x Carberryi Anthias Anthias
9. Midas Blenny
10. 2 x Pakistan Butterflyfish
11. Green Mandarin
12. Magnificent Foxface (not necessary, but would make a nice addition)
13. Emperor Angelfish - Juvenile (want to watch it change)
14. Queen Angelfish
15. White Cheek/Powder Blue Tang (very last fish)
16. Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse
17. Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
18. Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
19. McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
20. Moorish Idol (probably not since they're difficult to keep fed)
-
24. Cleaner Shrimp (have)
25. Blood Shrimp (have)

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I wouldn't put an emperor and queen in the same tank. They both like being alpha fish and both get HUGE. I don't know enough about wrasses to comment but the rest of the list looks good. (though I would pass on the Moorish idol too).

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Tagging along b, hopefully mine will be up same time as yours. I am already thinking bunch of anthias and bellus or watanabie angles. After that im up in the air,but the tang bug hasn't caught me yet

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Yea? I guess I'll revisit that when I actually get water in tank. Plumbing stuff should be hear Monday!
The idol would be awesome, But on difficult side I'd say. I didn't realize you had some so many fish already.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I don't have that many :X

Let me know I will come help plumb it with you.

I plan on ordering some of the more difficult to quarantine fish from Dr. Jim @ the Amwell animal hospital. He quarantines the fish for 4 weeks and every fish I've ever got from him has been healthy and eats like a pig. Very good guy and he has an amazing display tank too!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I wouldn't put an emperor and queen in the same tank. They both like being alpha fish and both get HUGE. I don't know enough about wrasses to comment but the rest of the list looks good. (though I would pass on the Moorish idol too).

Can I put any other angel w/ the emperor?

Any additions you'd make? I'd love lots of life and activity :grouphug:

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yes i have 6 inch QUEEN angel ,5 inch emperor and 8 inch emperor with french angel 8 inch and passer angel no fight live all happy but must be QT

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: