• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So someone mentioned to me I should be looking for a DC pump to feed my system because it uses alot less electric and u can control the speed

Can someone explain the difference to me of theses dc pumps compared to the iwaki md70 I've been using

I'm looking too upgrade flow to add 2 sm tanks can u also reccommend a good DC return pump

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
So someone mentioned to me I should be looking for a DC pump to feed my system because it uses alot less electric and u can control the speed

Can someone explain the difference to me of theses dc pumps compared to the iwaki md70 I've been using

I'm looking too upgrade flow to add 2 sm tanks can u also reccommend a good DC return pump

I guess is just like dimmable light, if u dont need full throttle (maxim water flow) u got option to slow down the pump (less water flow,less watts,less $ on electr. bill) try to avoid to many 90 degr. 45 degr. elbows, the more u add the more u restrict the water flow ( the performance of the pump ).

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have been using the pumps for a year now. They are all good pumps. The reason I saw all is because Jebao, Octopus, waveline and speed wave are all exactly 100% the same. They all look exactly the same with the exception of Jebao having a blue housing and octopus having an orange one. The rest are all black. I had a waveline burn out on me and then 2 speedwaves burn out on me. The waveline got clogged with filter floss the speedwaves just stopped working. I opened these pumps and saw the inside they are all 100% identical. I am now using a Jebao which wasn't available a year ago. I use them to feed a manifold so it wasn't so bad for the tank when they failed. Waveline was horrible and didn't have replacement pumps so just held me hostage for 6 months before they issues a refund. Speedwave is brought in by pro-line who are awesome. They got a new pump to me within a day. Right now I am running the Jebao which is a DC 12000. I'll let you know if it burns out. I hope it doesn't. The jebao's controller is slightly different too. I keep gong back because they are quiet and don't put out heat, plus they are the most energy efficient pumps besides the red dragons which cost allot more.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
personally only benifit to me would be not having to use a ball valve to adjust return flow. god forbid something happens and the pump dials up and starts to put to much on return or gets bumped on control and ya dont notice it till water is overflowing. ill still to my good old regular pump for return.
now on a closed loop system as bean is running i can see it being a wonderful pump for closed loop

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: