sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
hey Mr, just wanted to get our insight on Phosban reactors and what you guys are running in them.

As of my I'm running one Phosban 150 w/ pellets. I'm using Chemi Pure Elite and Purigen in separate bags. Thinking of picking up another Reactor but what could I possible run in it that I'm not running already in some similar form?

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would run carbon in one and pellets in another also any feedback you get I wanna know if people daisy chain their reactors or split them and if the daisy chain what order works best for whatever they run.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Just my opinion and experience but I'd run all reactors separately. To name a couple reasons, for instance carbon needs to be tumbled way more than gfo, if pump or reactor breaks now your out whatever types of media you were running in there as oppose to just one type and the rest being fine. Again I've saw both ways and usually no issues but I like to try and be proactive about possible future issues.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Sure but first the disclaimer. I make no claims to the correctness of my method. I will say from my reading that not tumbling carbon is best practice though. However, this is the method that works for me. I'll post a pic later this evening when I can get into my stand (when the rugrat is asleep).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to agree with the above posts.
I've only got space for one reactor in my sump so I run Rowaphos because I was having phos issues. Previously I was running bio pellets which generated some good bacteria and my corals had a steady supply of nutrients.
If I had the room I would run both.
Never comingle these in one reactor.

Best.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
So besides the Bio pellets in the reactor that I'm already running , plus 2 bags of chemi pure and 1 bag of purigen (both in the sump, not reactor just to be clear) you guys are recommending running the 2nd reactor with what exactly? Or is the 2nd reactor really even needed?? Or should I add the 2nd reactor and do away with the bags?

Asking options/and insight based on experience...which I take it is what is being offered.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
There's also a pad that cost about ten bucks, don't remember the name right now but it removes anything from ammonia to copper And even turns different colors depending on what is pulling out!

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
yes, I use to use that in my biocube. don't have anywhere to place it now with the sump. not sure pods would make it though the pad and the pump. That's asking for a lot from a small pod.
My question is in regards to running 2- 150 reactors.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Pad not designed for flow through its more like a towel that soaks up bad stuff so just drop it in. Back to your inquiry. ...
Test your water and whatever you're having a problem with put in the reactor. GFO for phosphate, puri gen for silicates. ..a lot of people don't realize that the food they feed, including those frozen cubes have bad things in them and are polluting their tank!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: