Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Hey all,

I do recall seeing a thread somewhere regarding angelfish.. I absolutely love angels and was just wondering success rate of angels and zoas, corals etc. I am not talking about dwarf angels. I like queens, blue faces, emps and etc and was thinking about purchasing one. I know they must be juvis to reduce the chance of them pecking at corals but I wanted to see how people have successfully kept these types of angels. I do not have any SPS straight LPS and softies.. Please let me know your experiences with these angels as I am very interested. I currently have a flame but he is completely reef safe.
Thanks.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Why wouldent you put them in something smaller? Right now I only have a 57 been wanting to upgrade but don't have the room for it right now. Was debating on what to do.. Or rather just gather some input and knowledge

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Currently have a Regal and an Emperor....I wouldn't get a large Angel just yet...for two reason, your tank is too small because they will outgrow it very quickly and two in a LPS/softy dominated tank the question is not if , but when they will start picking and choosing which coral they like to eat...

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I was asking myself same question as reef lover 24. In the past i had a Fish only tank and had French and Pacer Angels for number of years.
For 15 years I have mixed reef and fish tank. It is custom made bow front 130 gal tank with zoas, gorgonians and LPS corals. I have number of fish and among them a flame angel that absolutely has no interest for the corals in tank. I have place in Miami and often bring some zoas and gorgonians that I collect along the shore line after storms or a few days of good waives. I also mange to catch some fish like blennies, look down and always tempted to go after juvenile French Angels. The only thing stopping me is knowledge or maybe no knowledge of keeping large angels with zoa?s, gorgonians and LPS.
Did anyone had success of keeping large angels with zoa?s, gorgonians and LPS?
If anyone does then how they succeeded and is there a coral mortality rate?

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
mine pick and choose which zoas, palys and LPS they like...don't know why they eat some while leave others alone...it's either the taste or the coloration, but all my acans, open brains, clams are on the menu so I don't keep those any longer

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i love majestic angels and was always skeptical about getting one but after noticing that my friend had one in his reef tank i decided to get one so i got one from maximum reef and i am glad i did he has not touched anything yet at the time i got him i had a 75 mixed reef i since switched to a 125 and he is doing great not sure if he would go after clams but since i don't have any i wont have to worry about that he is my favorite fish

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: