Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I previously had a well established 30g cube that crashed a few weeks ago. The tank is now set back up and is cycling. At the crash, I cleaned the skimmer (CPR SR3) and it was left out of the tank dry for some time.

I never had a problem with microbubbles, but now that I started it back up they are dramatic. It's been running for a few days and still no decrease.

Is this because the tank is recycling, I cleaned the skimmer, other? Should I give it more time or try to change the intake of water (been tinkering with the air) as it looks like the output section of the pump into the skimmer is a little more chaotic than normal, though didn't pay much attention to it before as I never had this problem.

Here's a link to the skimmer: http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/skimmers.html

Thank you

Last edited:

Will

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have had quite a few skimmers ...as of now I am down to six....can never have too many on hand LOL..I have noted that when they are new they may tend to produce microbubbles... .this usually will subside. My guess would be cleaning it caused the problem. I would give it a week or so to see if the bubbles disappear. If not then something else is the cause. As a matter of fact my Remora was the worst, But the microbubbles eventually went away... the remora is similar to your skimmer. .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: