coralite

Jake Adams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last year and a half I have been working to photograph nearly every coral species and strain. I have compiled these images into an ID guide I call Coralidea. The guide is formatted for use on iPods and smartphones but it can also be viewed on a regular computer. The download is free and all of the content can also be viewed on the website www.coralidea.com.
Here is a video demo of the guide in action on an iPod. Hope you like and let me know if you have any questions.
Jake
quadrant.gif

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's great. I have been wanting to put something together like that for fish. I can never what my research has lead me too when I am in a LFS.

coralite

Jake Adams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am actually just using a Canon Powershot S3, havent made it to the DSLR yet. the S3 is a very versatile camera that was just updated with the S5 model. I think I have sold ten of my friend on them.

I could definitely use some feedback regarding the download and use of the guide on your mobiles so any information regarding your experience with the guide is much appreciated.

coralite

Jake Adams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you copy write it? :lol2: BTW, great idea.

Actually, all of the content is freely available to use under a creative commons license. I will soon be putting together a page to inform reef clubs on how they can use any of the images for their promotions and events. So it is copywrong!

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
:D I just added the guide to my PSP.

I had to edit the directory since the PSP will only allow you to have single-depth subdirectories in the photo folder for organizing photos.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: