nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ok, ever since i got a tank, my mom has been harassing me not to get saltwater on the wooden floor. I have heard a of like a lil pump looking thing so that i dont lose the siphon on my overflow, was is it called, and where can i buy one?

olliefb

Pinoy tayo!
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Aqua lifter and its pretty cheap. vendors here should have it in their stock if not ebay or any online store.
I saw a set up that has a hole on top of the u tube fitted with a clear flexible tubing and anytime a pocket of air develops he just suck the air out and voila, good again..hope this help.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Does your overflow box use a u-tube or is it a CPR overflow?

I can post a pic of what Olliefb is suggesting, I used this on my tank that I ran an OFB on for a few years with no issues :)

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
This mod uses about 2 feet of regular air line, a small piece of rigid tubing that fits just inside of the air line tubing and a simple airline valve (all should be available at any lfs), and some good glue - I used Weldon.

The rigid air line tubing - cut a piece about 3/4 of an inch long.
Cut a section of airline tubing about 2 " long, and another about 2 foot long

Drill a hole in the u-tube so the rigid tubing JUST fits in it (be sure to remove all burrs from the rigid tubing after you cut it). Glue it in place. You want it to extend only the smallest about inside the tube.
Let it dry thoroughly.
Attach the short piece of air line
Insert the air valve
Attach the remainder of air line tubing.

Open the valve to suck out the air bubble from the u-tube, close valve once it is gone.
I usually just coiled the airline on the top of the overflow box when not in use. (don't detatch it :))

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

...I also throw down a towel on the floor when I am working on the tank :)

I will copy & past from this post and make these instructions a thread on the DIY Forum also.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: