batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Ok just did the mod on the NAC7 with a Sicce PSK-2500 Pump with mesh mod . I used a bulk head fitting for the hole in the skimmer. Dont now what size bulk head but it take 3/8 pcv tubing. And the pump screws right in to the bulk head . Used 1 90 deg elbo with inside threaded and screwed on the bubble plate to the elbo . You can see it in the pics. I can tell you that is putting out alot more micro bubbles then before you can see in the pics and the mesh wheel not broken in yet. I still have some inprovments to do like a union fitting for the pump for eazy access and i need to raise the bubble plate up 1 inch .
Update ....
Ok Here is and update on this mod . Installed the red demon pin wheel and man the wheel is no joke pull more air and fine bubbles . Changed the pluming and added a union for easy access. From the new updated pics you can see how well this pump is doing for this skimmer.

Attachments

• DSC00231.jpg
    DSC00231.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 3,194
  • DSC00233.jpg
    DSC00233.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,873
  • DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,847
  • DSC00235.jpg
    DSC00235.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,863
  • DSC00236.jpg
    DSC00236.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2,897
  • DSC00237.jpg
    DSC00237.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,826
Last edited:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
umm.. not to be a buzz kill, but these skimmers work pretty well without the mesh mod, right? You have to be careful when you add mesh to an impeller because it can throw the weight balance off and end up killing your pump. It looks like it's working for you though for now

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
umm.. not to be a buzz kill, but these skimmers work pretty well without the mesh mod, right? You have to be careful when you add mesh to an impeller because it can throw the weight balance off and end up killing your pump. It looks like it's working for you though for now

I change the pump on this Skimmer . It comes with a Atman PH2500 pump and a meshwheel impeller. I put a Sicce PSK-2500 Pump that has a mesh wheel on it. The stock atman pump on pulls 21 SCFH the Sicce pump with the mesh wheel put out 35 SCFH

Last edited:

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Yes definitely . The stock pump was pulling but now its pulling alot more .
The stock pump was 21 SCFH with a mesh mod and the new pump with the red demone pin wheel is 40-45 SCFH big jump in air .

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
we should have a bubble magus club on mr! lol. its a great skimmer, simply amazing for the price.

how has this mod been going? still working good? no long turn problems yet or anything?

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
well seeing bubble magus has 31 internal skimmers and 11 external skimmers, id like to know how has tried each one because a company to make a total of 42 skimmers, wow lol. and bubble magus also makes awesome products that not many people know about, like there moonlights, dosers, water monitors and controllers, and even a line of chemicals. the company is amazing.

hmm... maybe i will start a thread club for bubble magus :scratchch
would be very interesting, but i dont know if alot of people own or know about bubble magus. one way to find out i guess lol :splitspin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: