mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I got these snails from LiveAquaria. Didn't notice anything until a week later.

Check this out, One on the Brown Turban Snail, can you see that tiny white hole with sand around it, kinda looks like something a tubeworm does. I just saw a head poke out and go back in. WHAT IS THIS!? Wondering if this is dangerous to other snails or an isolated case?

Second, on the Astrea snail, it seems to be completely part of the snail, but its like a barnacle thing almost, or a snail tumor? It looks like a foreign shelled thing attached itself to it. It looks completely sealed, no visual on a creature within it. Looks part of the snail, fused. Has anyone seen this before?

Neither snail looks like they care about these developments.
Please advise.

Attachments

• IMAG0959.jpg
    IMAG0959.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0960.jpg
    IMAG0960.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMAG0961.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 124

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Some more research shows the Astrea may have a "SLIPPER LIMPET" on it. Does that look right to anyone? How bad is this? I notice another turban snail may have a tiny one of these on it as well.

The algae is leftover from my cycle, its on the decline. NO3 now at 0, and added snails/hermits to mow the lawn. Macro in fuge, and in tank.

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
OK, I pried those doggies off, check it. I found 3. I don't know how harmful they were; the snails looked undamaged below, and they came off rather easily. Maybe they skim calcium off the outer layer of shell?

Do you see the white specks in the flesh of the larger one? I can't tell if those are eggs, or the color of its flesh. Either way, better safe than sorry.

Attachments

• IMAG0973.jpg
    IMAG0973.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG0972.jpg
    IMAG0972.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 83

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: