Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My little piece of the ocean. so i finally taked the wife into upgrading our .5gal beta tank to a mixed reef. I told her it was basically the same thing:shhh: I had a 150gal 4 years ago and i had the itch again so i figured i would start with a nano and work my way back up. Hopefully she will love this hobby as much as i do.:fish:

I had some pictures of the box and setting up the rock but i can't find them so at this point the build start 4 months in.

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thank you..
I can't wait till the green Algae gets over taken by the coralline algae. It's starting I see small spots all over the place. I used Poland spring to top off in the beginning bad idea its not the same as R/O.

Last edited:

Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Looks good. Really like the scape. In no time you will wish you had a bigger tank which is what I am going through :)

Thank you! I'm still very happy with my tank. I think the size is perfect.
I had a 150 for a long time it was a lot of work with the upkeep. This tank i can do a water change in less than 2 minutes, I've done it with clean up.
I really like that i have to be picky too can't just go on a shopping spree good for my wallet.

Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I Run stock Biocube filter cartridge that i rinse every week a replace monthly. Then i have filter floss on top of my media rack (replaced twice a week), the stock bioballs but i have them separated into 3 different filter socks. Once a month i take out one bag a rinse it with my old tank water and replace the filter sock.
I also have a bag of Seachem Biofilter media and I run POLY-Filter

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
The temp is set to 80 because during the day with the lights on the tank goes up to 82. I rather a slight temp swing than something bigger stability is most important from what Ive read.

It's saver to change the stock light to LED to lower the temperature and/or set an additional temperature controller to shut down the heater when it's too hot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: