Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Depends what you mean exactly as small. If 35 gallons, yes. To some a 9,000 gallon pond is small.

I kept guppies and a goldfish in a 35 gallon black pond from HD. Jammed it with duckweed and never did anything to it except feed it once every few days. They ate a lot of mosquito larvae. Obviously I had to break it down for the winter, than I never set it up again.

Since you live down where you can keep it outside all year I would do your best to make it real nice. If you are thinking about something comparable to what I had, they sell it for like $20 and could get decor stones that lock together to cover up the plastic sides.

Personally since its a all year thing for you I would just put it right into the ground. Get yourself some pond liner and make it as big as possible and do it right unlike mine.

Sorry I don't have any pictures even though it was nothing special.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Above ground or in ground? Size is also important. Are you planing on spending money on nice equipment or going to go the DYI route? Do you have outlets near the pond?

If I was in Miami and building a outdoor pond I will stock it with peacock bass and some stingrays. A picture of a pond that is similar to what you want will help. Also a picture of the location where you will be building it.

Ponyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Heron will eat any fish in there
You are asking a loaded question
First what are you keeping
Stay away from aquascape their products are junk
What budget do you have in mind
My water fall cost me around $9000 and I own the company
It can be done cheap but it will look cheap
Maybe post a pic of your place and where you were thinking
I can give you thoughts ideas etc

Ponyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I got rid of my pond I started with a 4,000 gal pond then went to 12,000 gal pond and I just have a pondless waterfall
I had koi and use to bring them inside for winter to keep them growing in a heated tank I had 12 koi in my pond most over 30 inches
So it got to be a pain so when I redid my landscape I lost the pond
Pm your number I can text some

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hey Coop, ditch the koi pond and go for a 007 style pond:

Attachments

• Thunderball075.jpg
    Thunderball075.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 68

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Here's mine that I put in this year. I finally made progress on the waterfall and added a planter next to the waterfall. I'll see if I can take a more recent pic. I learned a lot building mine. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Attachments

• IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 52

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: