JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I could read this thread over and over again and smile just as much each time...again I thank you all for the prayers and good vibes and all of the wonderful words you have sent to me!

A quickie update..this past week has been my second round of chemo..it was a little more difficult than the first and I'm still not sure what 'new' side effects might yet kick in.
...as long as these cancer cells are being killed I'm will put up with whatever side effects I have to!

..oh yeah, I also lost my hair last week...eh, that's why they make wigs.

Stay strong we miss you',,keep us posted since I check this thread everyday for updates!!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I'm still soaking up the strength from this thread folks!!! :grouphug:

3rd round of chemo starts tomorrow morning...1st day is a long one..6 hours. The following 2 days are only 2 hours each..so not bad and the afternoon edition of Jeopardy is on during them...so that takes up 30 minutes :).
I am lucky enough to have a wonderful friend who goes with me to all of my chemo sessions to make sure I get there & back home ok. I am still working, but have to take a couple of days off during chemo week and spending most of the rest of the week in my home office. During the last chemo round I tried going out to work on the Friday of chemo week and learned fast that being close to home is a good plan (I have that ability in my job to chose where I am working..) Crossing my fingers that this week goes smoothy and side effects are minimal!!!!

The next big date is Tuesday March 3rd...that is the day of my first follow up PET scan that tells us if these treatments are clobbering this cancer. I won't get the results until 3/6 when I see the Doctor and I will share them with you....

I still gets lots of messages from many of you via PM's and texts and I appreciate all of them! I thank you for continuing to think of me & my family
Hugs,
Kathy

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I haven't been active on MR for the last couple of months and I decided to check what's going on with my favorite community, only to read this... However, knowing your exceptional, strong personality, I am optimistic- Kathy, stay strong and positive, we are all with you and you will beat this cancer!!! Best wishes from the Smok family.
Regards
Marcin

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the results from the PET scan yesterday that was taken after 3 chemo treatments (which was the original plan) and the word the Doctor used to describe the 2 areas with tumors was they are 'resolved'.
I am STUNNED.
I am the happiest woman on the planet right now!
They told me they got this result with another patient on the same meds as me.

We aren't out of the woods yet as this type of cancer can be hidden as the cells are extremely small..so we need to do another 3 chemo treatments , then another scan to see if nothing appears (please, please!!) and the Doctor is considering following that up with radiation.

For now, I ask that you folks - who I think had a LOT TO DO WITH THIS RESULT - keep on praying and sending your good wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HUGE HUG TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Kathy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: