Yeah i went when there was a black friday sale and the firat few people bought a ton of stuff they would have had to have a 2k gallon tank with all the fish they bought makes me think they themselves were vendors..but i did get a few deals by the time it was my turn ..just fustrating . ...

Cvaughn1062

Advanced Reefer
I don't mind if there doing business with vendors but when your there before certain people and u watch them pick 8 colonies out before u get to even see what they got in when u were there before them, then u get a little frustrated. were all there to get nice corals. To jump the line then take 8 colonys, that's just rude.

alan.reef

Advanced Reefer
Really!!!!!unfair.
I don't mind if there doing business with vendors but when your there before certain people and u watch them pick 8 colonies out before u get to even see what they got in when u were there before them, then u get a little frustrated. were all there to get nice corals. To jump the line then take 8 colonys, that's just rude.

Really!!!!!unfair.

???? :scratchch Not sure if we can make that call... A privately owned business can certainly decide who to sell to, or give 'first refusal' to, and that buyer may be one of their best customers...
I'm sure there are people that only go there when there is a 'big sale'....even if they're first on line, should they have preference over a customer that spends $ every week (sale or not)
Personally, I'd rather see them 'doing a favor' for one of their good customers, than selling to another vendor or someone with a 'chop shop', that is buying to frag and resell.

doing a favor is letting 2 people cut in front of other people? that's some nonsense, I spend a good amount of money at this store, to see someone just walk in and pick out 8 pieces in front of me when I called 2 times during the day and was there for 30 mins before the corals arrived, that's just bs

Just playing 'devils advocate'...how do you know that they weren't there 3 hours before you, and ran out to get something to eat? Did they call more times than you?... spend more $ than you?
I agree, if I was waiting I'd be upset too, BUT, without knowing all the facts, I don't know if it was 'unfair' or 'bs'.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
I think the best way to handle this matter is not to make announcement when a shipment comes in. Only tell your regular's when a shipment is coming in. So the person that goes there has first hand information. Announcing when a shipment that comes in can only bring in people that goes there when a deal is to be found. Fair or not fair it better to sell to the person that visits your LFS regularly. So much demand on nice pieces LFS just can't get enough. Good luck to people that got it. Next time hope everybody gets a piece of something they waiting for.

bigcapct

Advanced Reefer

+1! Might have been more than 8! And after there turn reaching over other people and snatching more!

Wasn't about better piece. Was about people coming in after others that was there and they jump in front of everyone That's just Rude.

Yeah and I totally understand that but like Alfie said, no one is sure of the exact circumstances. Additionally, any vendor will give first 'dibs' to someone who normally spends say $1,000 and is in once a week over someone who's in there just for sale.

Nonetheless, Central Aquariums Corp has been struggling lately but that information is already out there, no need to throw a negativity thread up every other week now. They are opening a new store, so I'm sure that's a lot of pressure. I for one was also very used to Ivan, who was very welcoming, knowledgeable and accomodating, no offense to everyone who works there now. I'm a regular customer and unless I deal with Ralph directly there's no one there who acknowledges the fact that I've been going there since the Mt Vernon days. Either way, they're trying to make a comeback as it seems like they put a lot of effort into getting this SPS sale going and I am more than sure they'll do much more now that things are almost finished with the new location. So to that, GO RALPH! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND THE GREAT DEALS!

bigcapct

Advanced Reefer
I hear ya. I am a regular there and have been since the old store And they weren't vendors that was jumping in front. It's actually someone we all know from MR. Took a box full then next guy went. Which was here almost a hr before them and while he's picking thru jumping over his shoulder and trying to grab more! Greedy lol. It's all good. Ralph's da man

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: