TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
About two years ago I sold off my Canon dSLR and all my lenses. Lately the photobug has bitten and I'm looking to get back into the game.

I think this time around I'm going to use Nikon, I've narrowed it down to the d7000. Problem is that in my research it looks like Nikon will be releasing an upgraded d7100 later this year. Should I wait?

Any reason I shouldn't go Nikon?

Steven

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
D7000 is a great camera, so far the most advanced in their cropped sensor range. As for waiting, Nikon just announced two new full frame bodies so if they're planning to upgrade d7000 and not d300s first, it's not gonna happen till at least may (they usually annouce products in late april or august). And you won't be able to get it until few months after announcement. Believe me, I had to wait 4 months to get d7000 and I'm waiting for d800 right now. Anyway, I wouldn't buy a new body if there wasn't any reviews first. So if you're planning to get a new body, get d7000 IMO, you won't regret it.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
D7000 is a great camera, so far the most advanced in their cropped sensor range. As for waiting, Nikon just announced two new full frame bodies so if they're planning to upgrade d7000 and not d300s first, it's not gonna happen till at least may (they usually annouce products in late april or august). And you won't be able to get it until few months after announcement. Believe me, I had to wait 4 months to get d7000 and I'm waiting for d800 right now. Anyway, I wouldn't buy a new body if there wasn't any reviews first. So if you're planning to get a new body, get d7000 IMO, you won't regret it.

Don't want to side track the thread, but is this the camera your using now? If Si give us your own personal review.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Don't want to side track the thread, but is this the camera your using now? If Si give us your own personal review.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Yes,that is the camera I am using now, along with D90. The thing that really stands out in D7000 is it's ISO capabilities, I can easily crank up the iso to 800 and still end up with crisp pictures. The new tracking system is great too, helps a lot in moving subjects. I think that d7000 is nikon's best price to value ratio choice. And I won't change my mind until I get my hands onto d800

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
is money an issue? If it is not I would definitely go with a full frame body. If you getting the "bug" to be in this expensive hobby its better off to start off with a full frame. I personally do not have a full frame but do have the D90 (i do like it) but its not like a full frame. Nikon is releasing their two new bodies D800/800e and also D4. If you not looking to spend that much I would go along with the D700 and if that is too much and you need to go with an DX model then difinitely D300 then D7000. Don't go for anything less. Hope that helps. Search BH photo for reviews and you can also search amazon. Both places have great reviews. Nikon is the way to go!!!

Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: