blackbeard

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I took a few shots showing the difference in brightness 150 MH and Wingos
90 watt led. you can clearly see the led is way brighter and cool temp.

the led is so much brighter that it was lighting up my whole apartment even with my house lights on.

when it comes to taking pictures with the LEd's thay come out sharper because you can have a low ISO setting and faster shutter speeds.

I will have macro examples with the LED's next week. Right now the pics are just to show the difference in brightness.

Attachments

• Wingos led .jpg
    Wingos led .jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 495
  • Wingos led.jpg
    Wingos led.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 490
  • wingos led 2.jpg
    wingos led 2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 492
  • mh 150 14k  2.jpg
    mh 150 14k 2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 492
  • mh 150 14k.jpeg
    mh 150 14k.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 489
  • shimmer.jpg
    shimmer.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Ha, you jump started my new light debuting this swap or Christmas already.

Can you also post pictures of the actual fixture?

I am holding the whole light with my bare hand except the power supply for his test run during the photo shoot. The flash light size thing I am holding between my two fngers is it. I develope this, originally, for spot light application but then I ask the factory to remake the cake at 12,000K so that it directly replace a 12,000K MH bulb/fixture.

Just like most other MH, I expect people will add my actinic LEDs to the order. People have been screaming that LED is expensive(but most of them forget they also add actinics seperately. So, I am trying to make them closer in "what you get is what you pay for" by seperating the main white light and the actinic parts.

You guys should have gone to the NJ swap to see my 72WATT one, with both blue and white, and hidden within the thickness of 1/2" PVC rack frame.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Hope this picture answer your questions of the shimmering effect and shadow issues. In fact, the last pic Blackbeard took, showing rays on the wall, already answer your questions of shimmering.

Attachments

• Note the Angle of the Shadow P1070554 copy.jpg
    Note the Angle of the Shadow P1070554 copy.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
wingo how many leds are in each pod? depending on how many led's there are can you add a few blues for coloration? and what are the K values for the led's are they lume led's out of germany they are great been using them for years

thanks
rick

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
wingo how many leds are in each pod? depending on how many led's there are can you add a few blues for coloration? and what are the K values for the led's are they lume led's out of germany they are great been using them for years

thanks
rick
The pods has 3 emitters.

Due to operation details(in the mean time), adding blue LEDs are not possible on the pod directly. However, I am making addon module strips to the side of the pod.

They are not lume leds, nor philips, nor osram, none of these factories make custom LEDs. These custom LEDs are trademarked by me and will sell only under my own name(at least legally-who knows what happaned after dark in the factory).

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
so you make the actuall led? thats a first i wasnt talking about the making of the pod..... i buy my leds made in a bag from germany so i can light my signs.... and my main manu is in germany. or are you buying the bulbs and placing them on a board/ i think are questions were mixed

rick

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Just out of curiosity, since you make your own LEDs, do you know how long the life of each individual LED is?

They are rated at 80,000 hours for the ones you see in the pic.

Some other 3W(each LED bulb) versions are rated 100,000 hours.

May be only one or two lights I made 2 years ago, were using 50,000 hours ones.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: