xobklynqt143

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
everything lol but right off the top of my head
lights on and off ( i need to set up the AI about how strong i want them on )
moonlights
if the temp gets too hot i want the fan on lights off
temp too cold i want the heat on
at 8 am i want the power head off for 5min
at 6 pm i want the power head off for 5 min
i want to be able to manually shut off all pumped when i need to

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
It's not too bad once you get an understanding of the logic. Let's start with your heater first since that's what most people will look to do first.

Go to Configuration -> Outlet Setting and choose the EB8 outlet you have your heater plugged into. I have my heater in outlet 5. Pick your outlet # and in Control Type pick Heater. You can also change the outlet name so it's easier for you to recognize. Set your On Temperature and Off Temperature like so:

Apex-Heater-1.jpg

That's the simple form. After setting your parameters there, change the Control Type to Advanced, you will be able to control more specific functions. This is optional, you can leave it in the simple form. Here's the my Advanced settings for my heater:

Apex-Heater-2.jpg

Which is pretty much the same as the first screen with an additional command of "IF Temp < 50.0 Then Off" which tells the Apex that for whatever reason the temperature probe drops below 50 degrees, turn the heater off. This is a precaution I added in case the probe is exposed to air, I don't want the heater to be on.

Fallback Off is used in case the Apex brain loses communication with the EB8, this is the state I want that outlet to be in. Oppose to Fallback On, that'll turn on, if not already, the outlet if communication is lost (used for return pumps, skimmers, etc).

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
everything lol but right off the top of my head
lights on and off ( i need to set up the AI about how strong i want them on )
moonlights
if the temp gets too hot i want the fan on lights off
temp too cold i want the heat on
at 8 am i want the power head off for 5min
at 6 pm i want the power head off for 5 min
i want to be able to manually shut off all pumped when i need to

Check my article for LED light program. It's quite simple once you get the basics

http://www.reefs.com/blog/2012/12/1...-lights-with-neptune-systems-apex-controller/

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: