Rating - 100%
64   0   0
bottled water such as poland springs came up on my tds meter at high 30's i think 37... distilled water some bottles came up at 1 tds and some at 0 tds... i dont no if there is any other chemicals are in the distilled water or bottled... but over bottle water go with distilled.. of course if you can get urself a rodi unit which is pretty cheap on ebay by aquasafe systems u will be alot happier not having to lugg bottles of water from the store to ur home :banghead:

i chose rodi and my tds has always been 0 once the water went through the filter... and my reef is doing awesome :biggrin:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
no plumbing nec.. if you connect it to the outlet of ur faucet.... u get the connecter at homedepot... it goes from ur rodi to underneath the faucet (were the water comes out of) it screws on.... and ur set to go :biggrin:

OBTEPPER

Rating - 50%
2   2   0
fresh direct delivers 12 gallons every week to my apartment. very convenient and no mess- keeps the wife very happy. This has been one of the best things i have done to keep my water quality high and algae growth down so my cleanup crew can handle it.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
fresh direct delivers 12 gallons every week to my apartment. very convenient and no mess- keeps the wife very happy. This has been one of the best things i have done to keep my water quality high and algae growth down so my cleanup crew can handle it.

wouldnt that be costly in the long run.. i dun get it, u can get urself a rodi hook it up underneath the sink no mess in sight and save urself a bunch of money a year on water....:D

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
distilled water some bottles came up at 1 tds and some at 0 tds... i dont no if there is any other chemicals are in the distilled water or bottled...

Distilled water should have TDS of 0 and better than RO/DI water. It is pure water. But if it gets contaminated during the process, I can see why it can have a TDS of 1. I agree with tony that in the long run RO/DI will be cheaper b/c to make distilled water, it is an expensive process and will cost you more.

OBTEPPER

Rating - 50%
2   2   0
i've tested the poland springs distilled water, that fresh direct delivers, and the quality has always been great. i realize that it is more expensive to purchase distilled water than to run a ro/di system, but for manhattan residents it is extremely convenient to have it delivered to the apartment once a week. It makes alot of sense for people with smaller tanks who don't require large water changes and even for me with over 200 gallons of aquarium water. It just makes the whole hobby that much easier to enjoy by minimizing the work- just my opinion and advice for those who want great water quality with minimal work.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i still dont get how rodi is that much work.. i walk over turn the little lever to let water run through to clean it, then switch the lever back and put the hose in a 5 gallon bucket and leave it to fill... in the sink.. me honestly if i worried about making my own water as being to much work i dont think i would still be in this hobby :sigh: :lol2:

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tony.... you forgot to read the most important part.... Wife is happy. :) You cannot argue with the head of the household... if she says... get water delivered, I don't want a filter under the sink because I can't put cleaners and stuff.... you do as you are told.
12 Gallons delivered to your door/week
Happy wife....
PRICELESS

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: