JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Im currently starting up a 36 corner reef and due to the small stand size I was thinking of not using a fuge. I will be using a phosphate reactor, Aqua C remore skimmer (pending deal on MR), a sump (as big as I can fit in stand, probably 5-7 gallons).

I will be using RODI water and doing 5 gallon changes a week. I have around 50 lbs of rock and 40 of sand. I plan on keeping mostly corals and maybe two or three small goby sized fish.

Could I get away with maybe putting some nitrate sponge in a seperate reactor? Or is there any way to keep this down with out a denitrator or fuge?

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
OOOOOooooooooorrrrrrrr you could put some lr in your sump and attach some seaweed of some sort....:scratchch

Yea but than I have to do the light in the sump and a 36 corner geneva stand is rediculously small as far as a cabinet, so I am trying to avoid fuge if all possible.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If You Are Going To Have A Sump Why Dont You Put Some Mangroves In It ? Or Cheato. You Can Get A Clip On Light For It

im gonna see how much room I have after pumps, heater and reactor are in there. I only have about 15"x10" so I am thinking maybe some chaeto in a net bag and a light if I can fit it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: