michaelp

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I just got a green carpet anemone. It's probably a bit unhappy at the moment. The weird thing is that it is dropping little pieces of white stuff out of its mouth and my clownfish is hanging out and eating them.

Maybe digested food from before?

It spent the night upside down in the tank (by accident) and has been upright since 9am (it's 2pm).

Not much I can do for it. Tank params are all excellent, so I just have to wait and see. Don't want to move it because I don't think it appreciates being touched.

aquarium_027.jpg

Last edited:

michaelp

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
As most of you suspected, here's a photo from this morning:

aquarium_023.jpg

It bothers me to even post this, but I'm putting it up so other people can see what it looks like when it's gone. I was up all night. Couldn't sleep. I know this is always the risk when introducing new things to the tank, but it doesn't make it any easier to watch this happen.

junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
i think if it is beyond saving (i have no experience on this so someone can chime in).. you should just take it out before it spews out more toxins that might harm other corals...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: