• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

frag apple

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd also like to add that even with heat in Australia during summer being on average 30-40 degrees Celsius and running mh before moving to t5's I never run a chiller and still don't! tanks sat at 27-28 all day without cooling!

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
191667f3ea96f2e5f759d64ba193ebfe.jpg

I'm happy with my LEDs.

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I swear it's real it looks fake though. I'm soaked on the potential of they purple/gold one. Blue is legit too. All frags from PW and they are all Australian, I'm running high light, super clean system, GFO, carbon, high alkalinity, lots of food for both the fish and coral. I shut off majority f green ad red in the light spectrum except for a 2 hr peak around noon. Lots of violet and blue

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I don't know what you guys are doing wrong on your tanks but my corals take off under my leds. I'm not the best photographer as Jackson know haha but anyone who saw my tank in person would tell you how it looks :) most my corals are less then 4 months old

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 252

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I swear it's real it looks fake though. I'm soaked on the potential of they purple/gold one. Blue is legit too. All frags from PW and they are all Australian, I'm running high light, super clean system, GFO, carbon, high alkalinity, lots of food for both the fish and coral. I shut off majority f green ad red in the light spectrum except for a 2 hr peak around noon. Lots of violet and blue

If you're keeping colors on wild Aussie stuff then something is right. I'm glad you are having success with that light. I was worried initially :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I don't know what you guys are doing wrong on your tanks but my corals take off under my leds. I'm not the best photographer as Jackson know haha but anyone who saw my tank in person would tell you how it looks :) most my corals are less then 4 months old

Are those SPS photos? I can't quite tell from the poor pic quality LMAO!!!:lol2:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Hahaha just showing growth pics my camera skills are just as good as my theoretical physicist skills lmao. Most wild pieces are growing with their original color when they were under 400w halides but not going to lie I have a few that lost color but it might be my placement. I have some mid level and sure they need some more light

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
It's good that you're holding color on the aussie pieces. If it makes you feel any better, even the 400w don't hold color on some wild stuff. I can't keep color on those fat aussi mills for anything.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Well I'll see in a few weeks what happens with color. I'm trying 2 new things. Got a bio pellet reactor Setup with the return for it going to skimmer and dosing microbacter 7 into the inlet and i just started using fuel by aqua vitro. Hopefully this will speed up growth a bit and color up some wild pieces.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: