Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hey guys, last summer I upgraded from a 75 gallon to a 120 gallon aquarium.... At the time, I didn't know much people on MR nor did i know how to upload pictures..... Since then I've made some progress and figured I should share my tank build with the community......
Tank info.
120 gallon aquarium
DIY 30 gallon sump/refugium

Lighting
DIY LED Lighting fixture

Protein Skimmer
Aqua EV240 mag18

Return Pump
Mag 12

Equipment
Vortech MP40, Neptune Apex Aqua Controller, 1/10 hp Aqua Euro Chiller,
Fish
Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, 2 clowns, 3 Royal Gramma, Flame Angel, damsel

Corals
SPS, LPS, Soft corals, Zoas, etc

Inverts
Peppermint Shrimp, Orange Starfish, Blue Starfish, Hermit Crabs

image.jpg

Last edited:

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tagging along.. planning a to do this set up and cycling by march.. right now im still doing purchases.. its expensive to do things right but ive learned so much within my 18 months.. good luck with this build may it be successful and worth it the investment..

Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
tagging along.. planning a to do this set up and cycling by march.. right now im still doing purchases.. its expensive to do things right but ive learned so much within my 18 months.. good luck with this build may it be successful and worth it the investment..
Thanks man, and you are so right, nothing good in this hobby happen fast, you are on the right tract.....

Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I manage to find a picture of my DIY 30 gallon sump/refugium..... I wanted to go with a 40B but I already had the 30 from my 75 gallon build.....
In order to fit the Aqua C 240 I had to move some of the baffles around
image.jpg

Last edited:

Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Bonsai aquascaping

Here I tried to aim for a clean, spacious, yet effective type of look... So I decided to design a "bonsai tree" type of aquascaping..... I don't know how to upload more than one pic at a time so please bare with me....

image.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: