Fish Finder

Co-Founder
Vendor
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Today was the big day. With the help of some great friends i finally set up my 75G RR tank. I will be updating this thread when ever there are updates on the tank. Here are some specs on it.

75G RR Tank
30G sump
40LBS of sand
20LBS of live sand
75LBS of live rock
75 Gallons of water
Berlin Skimmer
1/4HP chiller - Pacific Coast Imports CL600
Koralia 4
Mag 7

As of right now the tank is to cloudy to do anything. Just waiting for it to settle so i can move the live rock's around. Once it clears up and i move to rocks i will get updated pic's to post. I would like to give a shout out to everyone who helped me today. Thanks Lissa (ellebelle) dom (Domboski) and den (dmr2000). I will also like to say thanks to John (bigsink) for hooking me up with a great chiller. And last but not least Kathy (KathyC) for all the phone support. Here are some pic's of the tank. Enjoy :)

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

Last edited:

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
No problem Justin :) That was one of the smoothest system setups I have ever been involved with. You just need to add the lights and upgrade the skimmer :biggrin: The tank is going to be awesome.

I'll also have the locline for you on Monday.

Fish Finder

Co-Founder
Vendor
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
:) If you have a shop vac you can suck the "foam" caused by the sand off the top of the sump and main tank easily.

I can't wait to see how you set up the live rick especially that flat piece.

I do have one so i will do that tomorrow once the sand settles more. Also i just finished cleaning out the screen in the front of the chiller. I noticed in the pic that it is very very dirty.

Yea i know i am waiting for the sand to die down so i can start playing with the rock. I got some ideas for that rock but not to sure how well it will work due to the weight of it but we will see.

Can't wait till Monday when i get my lighting for the tank :D:D:D

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It was no problem, Justin! I made Dom pick me up and drop me off anyway. :lol2: This summer when we're out that way collecting, I'll have to stop by and take some photos once you've got it all stocked up with awesome cool water stuff.

Fish Finder

Co-Founder
Vendor
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It was no problem, Justin! I made Dom pick me up and drop me off anyway. :lol2: This summer when we're out that way collecting, I'll have to stop by and take some photos once you've got it all stocked up with awesome cool water stuff.

Yea nothing is better then being chofered around right. LOL

Deff i can't wait till collecting season. And u know what by u saying that i just remembered that i forgot to give dom the website for the net. Oh well i guess ill make him beg for it a bit longer hehehe.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Looking great Justin!! Phone support..lol..wish I could have been there to lend a real hand! I will take credit for hooking you up on the lights though ..lol
Updated pics when you can but looking forward to seeing the tank on Monday too :)

Fish Finder

Co-Founder
Vendor
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Kathyc - Yes i have you to thank for the lighting. The next set of pic's will prob come once i get the lighting and hook it up and move the rock's around. Im thinking by wed the latest ;) Ill see u on monday.

Awibrandy - Thanks for the kind words Awilda. I know i can't wait till i get fish in the tank. Then it should really start to get interesting :D

DrCooper & Knugenx - Thank you very much for the nice words :)http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/members/drcooper.html

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Looks good man. Nice to see you didnt drop out of the game. Is this in your apartment where your last tank was? Ill give you some frags when you're ready to help u get started, gimmie a shout!

Fish Finder

Co-Founder
Vendor
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
UPDATE: Today i picked up the lighting for the tank. I want to say thank you to Allan (PalmTree) for hooking me up with some great lighting.

3 ReefOptics HQI reflectors with glass UV shields. 3 - 12K XM 250 Watt HQI bulbs. Two Blue Wave made by SunLight Supply ballast. One single and one double

DSC00080.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: