• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Nice job, the only part I didn't like about the mounting rails was the plastic ends braces which I replaced with aluminum, looks like you did the same. Looking forward to a full tank shot.

Thanks Keith.....Its true the plastic ends are very flimsy. I kept them and just laid them in an aluminum L bracket. Thanks again for all the A/I help...:splitspin

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
nice! how many watts are you running all together on those leds?

Ty....they use 72 watts at %100 intensity per unit. So when all is said and done I will be using 576 watts(8 units) at %100. However, I dont know anyone that uses more than 75% of its power/intensity. This is a big difference from the 2100 watts I was using in the past....:splitspin

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Thane it must feel good to have these new Led lights, i cant tell you how bad i want to switch but i need my tank to level out. To know you will never buy a $80 bulb again x 4 fixtures is the key, Good luck and i need to stop by to see them ASAP,LOL

Jarrett,
Its not only 4 radiums its 4 Vho's and all that dam heat as well....:splitspin Call me and take a look. I should have the other two fixtures by this weekend.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
What an Amazing Tank you got there brother. I was looking at the pics you have at PhotoBucket, and for a minute there I tought they were pics taken while scuba diving.
Sorry to hear about your fish losses.

Thanks Pauli...:splitspin.....My scuba pics are way less interesting....lol. And you know why I feel even worse with the fish dying is becouse I knew better....:irked:

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i love the length of this tank...this setup puts my 450 to shame...i should have went bigger....cant wait to see your new triggers in there......i saw them yesterday by dom and those fish are unbelivable....tank is awesome....

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
i love the length of this tank...this setup puts my 450 to shame...i should have went bigger....cant wait to see your new triggers in there......i saw them yesterday by dom and those fish are unbelivable....tank is awesome....

Ty buddy.....It does not put yours to shame.....That is the great thing about what we all do. It is that two tanks are never alike...big or small they are all beautiful.....Im glad you saw the triggers; Im dying to get them....:splitspin

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Well I got the other two fixtures and finally put them all in. The wiring needs to be cleaned up but at least they are all hung and I must say they look great. Right now I am running them at 55% across the board whites, blues, Royal blues. Everything looks well lit. So far so good. This week I am going to take some par measurements and actual electrical these units are pulling. Here are some shots of all the units in place. I am running them 7 inches a part and a little over a foot from the each end of the tank. 8 units definitely did the trick.

Now time will tell how my tank reacts to them.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
< still up for adoption. bet the corals really glow under these. have you been playing with the controls yet ?

Rick....lol..Whats left of the corals I havnt killed are glowing nicely....:splitspin Ofcourse the controls took me a couple of hours to figure out with the help of utube. However, after the third hour I realized how easy it was. The controller is very cool and has so many options....but you never know when they might come in handy. Oh note to others the thunderstorm not only scared the Sh-- out of my fish but me as well....Will not be using this mode.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: