• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Tony, not a bad start. As for the sump, I don't see why you need to have your overflow run into 'A' and then a bubble trap. If you move your skimmer to 'A' (and adjust the baffles accordingly) then have your bubble trap, you will utilize your space more efficiently. As a matter of fact, if you were to split your overflow with a pvc wye and run 1/2 to the right side of your drawing (a fuge) and have your return pump in the middle chamber you can fit everything into this one tank.

Hope that was clear.

Russ

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
I'm with Russ. Move the skimmer into compartment A and move the two baffles to where the 'lone' baffle is. Keep it just like that low, high, low(How you have it). Other than that it looks like a good plan to me. I'm just worried about how much flow your gonna have coming out of each return.

Personally I think its gonna be close to nothing, I have a mag 7 coming through 1 return line and its not strong at all IMO. Keep it to 1 return spout so you get more from it. Just what I would do.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
LMAO @ Kris......you're on a roll tonight!

You don't need a bubble trap coming out of the fuge. Just one baffle from the bottom up to the height you want the fuge level at. Bada Bing Bada Boom, done!

master

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
You also need to add one more baffle to the skimmer side. On the center chamber add one more from the bottom up. This will give you a better constant level in your return chamber.

da master has returned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: