• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Rbta recovering after eating snail and spitting shell. Thought it was dying before I noticed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 230

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Update. Removed mp10 and dosing pumps.
Just doing my normal weekly water changes using esv. Levels are pretty stable without dosing.
Calcium 440
Mag 1350
Alk unknown- ordered a test kit from affordable aquatics over a month ago but still haven't got it. :banghead: I'm hoping its in range since cal is

After getting rid of huge birds of paradise, I felt that mp10 and dosing was not needed. No sps

Flow in tank:
2 mj900. Running on wavemaker. Flows is good. Had mj1200 but I felt flow was too much

Wish i could capture a good pic but I can't with ipad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Update:
Had to get rid of scoly. For some reason he started to recede so I sold him to a friend. Hopefully he will recover in his tank. I did a lot of changes in lighting/flow/dosing all around the same time. I figured one or all of these changes did not work for him. Other than scoly, everything else is fine. Picked up a nice gold torch today. Here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 293

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Tanks levels are steady. I have been manually dosing 10ml alk/cal on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Keep levels at
Alk 7.6
Cal 430
Mag 1300
Temp 80.2

Still not using no media basket in rear chamber. I got rid of that junk along with the cheato. Just a piece of filter floss for mechanical. And I run a mesh bag of 9 tbsp of gfo and 6 tbsp of rox carbon for chemical.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I got a few pms regarding how i keep filter loss in place. Here's a shot of the DIY filter floss holder I made. Perfect to hold the floss right under the overflow. Collects tons of junk. I change it out every other day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 271

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Update pic. Gold torch is doing great. I guess third times a charm. The first two I bought were fresh cuts and they died over night. This one I bought from a fellow member. Made sure it wasnt a fresh cut piece.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 278

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Here's a pic of the mini reactor. Fits perfect in rest skimmer chamber. Currently running 3 tbsp of gfo and 3 tbsp of rox carbon mixed. Working great. I have not been cleaning glass as often. Here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 236

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: