Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I removed a few corals and replaced them with new frags. I also added a few more fish :) I was having trouble these past few months after upgrading my protein skimmer because my corals lightened up a lot and looked a lot like the ZEOvit tanks (not a look that I prefer). I started feeding heavily and bumped my nitrates up to 10 mg/L and saw my colors come back. They are a little darker than I would like but in a few months they will be back to normal. I am also going to add a refugium back into my sump. I feel that my tank was more stable when I had one with the old protein skimmer. Here are a few top down shots.

Banana+Caroliniana.jpg

Banana Caroliniana

Purple+Dragon+Eyes.jpg

Tyree Purple Dragon Eyes

Ricky's+Poison+Ivy.jpg

Ricky's Poison Ivy

ifarmer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
How do you able to keep the back wall from getting the purple coralline?
I just scape off all he coralline on my tank this afternoon after seeing your tank

Also two wp60 on tank tank? That is a lot of flow

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How do you able to keep the back wall from getting the purple coralline?
I just scape off all he coralline on my tank this afternoon after seeing your tank

Also two wp60 on tank tank? That is a lot of flow

I scraped it all off and everyday I run my Mag Float over it to prevent it from growing back. Yes, two WP-60's is overkill as I found out after installing them but at least I can make killer waves that the Vortech's never could. I currently have them set on W1 S1.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
it's a trade off i think. right now I can add a bridge between the left and right side but it would eventually just look like a pile of rocks. on the other hand I see tanks like yours and see how many different SPS your able to keep because of the surface area of the scape. check mine out and lmk what you think. I'm posting pics later tonight

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: