A

Anonymous

I noticed this adorable little hairy crab tonight in my tank. During feeding time, I saw what I thought was my LONG LOST emerald crab. (Saw the hairy legs, looked like a trantula) Well, it wasn't my beloved MIA emerald. This guy was about the size of a dime. (body size that is) but with the legs all about him, he was about the size of a nickel. Cute little guy, brown in color and full of what looked like hair..
Anyone have any ideas as to what he is? He totally blends in with the rock he's residing in. I just can't get a good pic.
I thought at first he could be a decorator crab, but I didn't see any "smoothness" to his body. He was ALL hair. I didn't notice a shell either, you know, like how the Emeralds have..
Any ideas? Anyone have pics of something they think might be similar?

A

Anonymous

general rule of thumb......
if it has hairy legs take it out and
A) KILL THE MONSTER
B) PUT IT IN YOUR SUMP where he will live and eat "crap" from the tank until the day he dies
C) wait till he does damage and then rip your tank and the rock his hid in apart
y
ou might wanna check out some other posts on the subject...but if he hides then he probaly doesn't want to be seen and chances are he isn't being a GOOD crab

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: