H@rry

Advanced Reefer
Get him out if you can. I put all the offender crabs in jail (the sump).
icon_biggrin.gif

GKL

Experienced Reefer
I split an order of manano live rock with a friend 4 mos. ago. He cured it and has had it in his tank since then. He has had it in the tank w/o anything else the whole time. I put my share in my tank a week ago and have seen a little white crab out today when I was feeding. His body is about the size of a nickel and as I said is basically white, except for the black needle type claws. He is hiding in an opening in one of the new rocks. I have found a couple of hermit parts around and when he was out he grabbed at my cleaner shrimp as it went by. He looks like trouble. What do you think?

GKL

Experienced Reefer
I have isolated the rock he was in and the three surrounding it. I haven't seen him again, but hopefully he's in one of these.

Marco1

Experienced Reefer
I have the same white crab in my 30gal but I have not been able to get him out, he lives in a rock on the bottom of my reef. Hasn't caused any trouble yet but as soon as I catch him he will be banished to the sump. In my opinion all hitchiker crabs are no good.

Just my .02

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: