MelanieF

Advanced Reefer
Help! I have one fish in my reef tank (Royal Gramma) and he seems to be having the worst luck... At first I found the salt grains (ich) on him, LFS told me ride it out as long as he eats and breathes ok. No problem, ich gone for now (I'm sure it will be back). Problem now is there are these tiny flat things on his sides, eyes, and head that are almost completely clear but in the right light can see them attached to him w/ one end and making this weird ripple motion along his body. There is one on his side that is about as long as the lo in long. Others on eyes, etc. are much smaller. He can't stop "itching" himself on my live rock. I've been told adding garlic based medication to food can help w/ ich but my question is: Anyone know what these new parasites are and will the garlic in the food help w/ those also? Don't have many medication options as I have four live corals, a peppermint shrimp, and 3 scarlet hermits. Any help you all can give will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. - could they be flukes?

Tim Reed

Active Reefer
I'm kind'o new but maybe a cleaner shrimp will help. My peppermints dont do anything but my Lasmata (mispell?) comes to mind but I cant remember-too late to look it up but you might try it. How long has your tank been running?

MelanieF

Advanced Reefer
Thanks Tim....

Most of tank info is in the tank specs category...(just entered today).

Tank has been up since April and I have been bottling up my excitement and trying to go slow w/ it so that I can learn my lessons w/ minimum impact on the animals. David had some suggestions in the general discussions section also....

I'll ask LFS about the shrimp you mentioned.

Thanks again
icon_wink.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: